Saturday, August 23, 2008

29 More Days of Summer

I just came her create a new blog...I thought I had been posted this one back on August 28, only to find that it was a Draft . So much going on I forgot it. Sorry it's a bit late.
[Created August 28]
Now that things are almost back to normal ... no hurricane on the horizon for now ... Sanford stable and Pam doing fine, we took a chance and finally booked our cruise [including insurance]. It's a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, Sept 14 -21, which includes our 60th Wedding Anniversary [Sept 19]. Hmmmm... That's more than 3/4 of my lifetime...best time of my life.
What with our Pam in treatment, Grands/G-grands in school, the high cost of air fares and astronomical gasoline prices, we chose to go away and celebrate so that no one would feel bad about not being able to celebrate this very special occassion with us.

We are praying that nothing changes that we have to change our plans.

I love cruises. I think a cruise is the ideal vacation. While I worked for TWA, I flew all over the world and saw just about everything I wanted to see. Now I just love cruising...especially with all the craziness at the airports theses days ... We pack one time and visit different places and never have to plan what/or where to eat or how to get there. With so many options: going/not going ashore, entertainment choices, meeting/spending time with new people, lounging around the pool with a cool drink, etc. and last but not least... being served and pampered, 24 7.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

what line/ship are you going on?