Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Flying and Cruising

We've been blessed and dodged another bullet. Hurricane Ike has kindly passed us by and is now on the Gulf side of our state. Thus far, no other distubances are out there threatening to spoil our cruise. TG.
This past weekend we finally went to Atlanta to see Pam and the others.. It was truly a wonderful weekend! The airport scene had none of the drama and hassle that you read or hear about. In fact, I would say that at TSA at MIA, left a lot to be desired security wise. We had 2 [empty] stainless steel thermos bottles in our bags which we expected them to react to.. We had our toiletries in a zip lock bag prepared to show TSA, but no one asked to see them.
We spent Saturday afternoon at the Georgia Aquarium, where I bought a large [6 X 3 1/2 inch] egg shaped crystal paper weight with a jelly fish inside... which made TSA open my bag at the Atlanta airport to see what I had.. Once again...no one asked to see our toiletries, which included mouthwash and they didn't mention the thermoses. None of this reassured me that our planes are any safer since 911. It makes me wonder what other "unsafe " items have been allowed on board our planes and how often it happens.
God willing, Sunday we begin our 60th Wedding Anniversary Caribbean cruise. It's going to be a little different this time, after cruising with the family on our last 2 cruises. We've come full circle .. from 1979 to 2005 .. it was just the 2 of us when we took a cruise.

I have to go now and get ready for our sail into the sunset. Did I say that?

No comments: