Sunday, July 26, 2009

More New Beginnings

I usually use the local [60 cents each way] bus to my doctor's office, but because we've had so much heavy rain this week I decided to prearrange for para-transit service [$2.50 each way]. Was I ever happy that I made that choice...just before I was to be picked up the skies opened up... very heavy rain with lightning and thunder. It was raining when Ireturned.

At my first Berevement Support meeting I was disappointed becauee it was just me and the facilator. However, I was happy at today's meeting where there were 5 of us plus the facilator.. Rather than looking for another group, I look forward to getting together with this group. It was interesting.. one lost a mother, one lost a wife and another lost a son.
After the meeting was over I found that I have a new friend. She volunteered to drive me home and as we talked, we found we have a number of interests in common.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to loose a love one and my sister- in- law is going to a counselor about my brother's death this past july 1st. I had a long talk with her a couple of days ago and at least I made her laugh and we both needed that laugh because I am still grieving too. So mom you know I knew your husband-thank of all of the good times. love Alice

Anonymous said...

think of all the good times..........correction...love you.....your other daughter Alice