Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Of My Best Surprises

I had one of my best surprises on Friday evening. I was where you will find me most evenings after dinner, sitting here at my computer.
I hear this little soft voice say "Hi GNana" and I think I must be dreaming as I look up and coming into the room are our 2 great grandsons. And as I usually do when my family sneaks up and surprises me. I'm up and yelling "OMG!! OMG!! I don't believe this! I don't believe this! OMG!! OMG!!". Their Grandmother, Toni, our # 2 daughter had driven down from Atlanta with her son and his 2 sons. We hadn't seen the boys in 2 years. We speak with them on the phone often and see pictures of them, but I did miss them more than I realized till I saw them. I swooped them up and hugged and kissed them till, as little boys do, they wriggled out of my arms. And then their father, our oldest grand, Bruce, came into the room and I started all over again. Meanwhile, Toni is taking pictures with her video camera. Toni said when they were sneaking in with the camera ready, she said "Let's see how loud she's gonna scream this time".

It gives them pleasure to surprise us like that. It has happened many times before but the little boys were the last ones in the family to witness my response to the surprise visits. I love my family so much. And I pray that it continues to happen.
They left a couple of hours ago, going back to GA. Word's can't express how happy it made me to have them visit, even though it was a short one. We managed to squeeze in some happy moments, including going to the pool for a few hours, a visit to a local aquarium store that's like a mini aquarium. The boys loved being so close to the huge sharks in the big tanks like you find in a real aquarium.

God is good ...All the time!!

No comments: