Monday, December 31, 2007

CHRISTMAS 2007

Our youngest daughter, Colette and her daughter, Noelle came to the house the Sunday before Christmas. They had 2 scrolls that were tied with red ribbon... handed one to San and one to me... It was an invitation to have Christmas brunch and dinner with them at their NEW RESIDENCE. For the first time in a very long time, I was absolutely speechless. I kept saying "Oh My God!!!!!". They had moved way back in November. Never said a word. They said that we had so much going on that they didn't want to add any more stress for us.
We'd already bought the food for Christmas dinner and preparations had begun for the holiday... Our middle daughter, Toni, was driving down from Atlanta for the holidays and my brother was joining us for dinner. Colette and Noelle had already put up our tree and decorated it... Suddenly I had to switch gears and change plans which made me feel a bit off balance. It was the first time since we came back to Florida (14 years) that we did not have our Family Christmas dinner at our home. It was a new and strange feeling.

On Christmas when it was time to open our gifts, someone said that it was very interesting that I had the most gifts.. especially, since I have not been that good. LOL I was truly surprised and very happy with all of my gifts. There was another first... except for my brother... I had not done any Christmas shopping... we gave everyone $$ gifts.

Christmas came and went so quickly. I can't believe that it's New Years eve. I guess it's all a sign of getting old. No celebrating for us old folks... We'll open a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider to toast New Year... Telephone the rest of the family to wish them Happy New year and go to bed...

Happy New Year to you too..

No comments: