Thursday, November 29, 2007

Post-Op Follow-Up - Week 5

Post-Op Follow-Up - Week 5

Sanford's follow up appointment yesterday with the surgeon was a 'thumbs up' !! Thank God. He said San has healed up fine and can resume normal activities... 'just don't go out and start weight lifting or mountain climbing'. Also said he can drive, 'but don't get into any accidents'... because the air bag could cause him to get a hernia :) In his opinion, no chemo therapy is needed, however, he's going to let the Oncologist make that call. An Out Patient follow up procedure is scheduled for December 17 2007.
I'm sure that San feels independent and free now that he won't have to ask anyone to drive him whenever he needs to go some where..
Sanford always takes me where ever I want/need to go because I can't drive... so I feel free too. I can come and go now, without feeling guilty about having to ask to be driven even though it's may be for a medical appointment.

I truly understand how seniors must feel when they can no longer live independently and require help in some form or another for every day living situations and transportation.
On the TV news, when I see people 85-100 years young, living and doing things that people 20 or more years younger do, I am always amazed and happy for them and secretly wishing I could be like them when I grow up... Yeah, 'when I grow up'... God willing, in about 6 years I'll be in that age group.



You never know who's heart you will touch when you share a piece of your own.
Be kinder than necessary.. for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

No comments: