Saturday, November 24, 2007

TRULY A DAY TO GIVE THANKS.

I can't recall a Thanksgiving Day, that we had more to give thanks for than this one. We've had some happenings in our lives this year that were really really scary. And we've been so blessed with good outcomes... especially the most recent cancer episode.
We've always watched the Macy's Day Parade on TV. Over the years, my interest had waned in watching the parade. I don't usually watch TV in the morning. I usually turn the TV on at noon and watch the news followed by the only daytime soap that I watch [AMC]... Without giving it any thought, I turned on the TV even before it was time for the parade to begin. As I watched it... I realized that I wasn't bored, but was actually enjoying it. Later when I thought about it, I tried to figure it out and the only conclusion I could come to was that it was probably because, maybe a month earlier... subconsciously, I must have realized that it was a good possibility that things might not get back to the way they were. And again, subconsciously, I must have realized that things were coming back to normal. God is sooooo good!!
We shared a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with one of our daughters, her teenage daughter, my brother and two of Sanford's cousins.
Black Friday afternoon we went to the movies.. we saw the movie which is now at the top of my Favorites list... "THIS CHRISTMAS". I don't re-read books or watch movies again and again... with the exception of the original "Imitation Of Life. But I think I would watch this one again if I had the opportunity. When we left the theater, I felt SO euphoric... And like they said in that old TV commercial.. "I really needed that !!"
Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday too.

No comments: