Friday, May 16, 2008

May Flowers

The calendar says it's May... but it feels like it is July or August here in beautiful south Florida. Even though the temperatures are in the high 80s to the 90s, we are blessed.... We do not have tornados and flooding that's happening in so many other parts of our country. The fires in mid and south Florida keeps me inside because of my respiratory problems. But I'm not complaining.. Some have lost their homes to the tornadoes and fires.
Every day I think of that which I close my emails: "Be kinder than necessary... for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle". Some have financial problems and are about to lose their homes...
some don't have money to feed their families... or pay the rent... or buy health insurance...
some are unemployed and unable to find a job....
It all makes me wonder.. 'What is going to become of our country..
What will it be like 5 years from now?? 10 years from now ??".
The next president has a job like no other new president ever faced coming into office.
If you are are a worrier... it is scary.
Not me... I can't do anything about what is or will be...
So I just pray that I and my family and friends will be able to deal with what ever...




The Prayer of Serenity is my mantra:
God grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And Wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: