Thursday, June 9, 2011

About this time last year, I was preparing both physically and emotionally for my July 1st Rotator Cuff surgery. I refer to my May bath tub fall as a blessing in disguise. Why? Because the post surgery pain medicine that was prescribed also alleviated the back pain that had made my life miserable for so many years. I'm blessed that I no longer need to get the epidural injections every 6 months for back pain. Because our blessings come in so many different forms, we don't always recognize them as such.

The Bereavement Group wasn't what I expected.. Repeating my situation every week was like picking a scab off a wound.
Medication and individual grief counseling worked for me. I
seldom cry any more, but sometimes I miss San so much that my heart actually hurts. After 60 years together, I guess it is impossible not to miss having him in my life. When I wake up after dreaming of him in an every day situation, it's almost like he's still here. It truly helps me to deal with living without him.

No comments: