Monday, May 30, 2011

My Latest Travel Adventure

I took my first flight in almost a year..these days flying sucks with all of the security measures in place. It could and would have been worse if I were not a wheelchair passenger, which enabled me to speed through the security process. Both going and returning I was assigned a seat described as 'having some drawbacks'...there was no window, which proved to be good for me because I was able to read my book without glare.

I went to Atlanta for Pam, my number 1 daughter's early retirement celebration. In addition to that I had the pleasure of having lunch with some of my former co-workers from TWA in NYC... Many former TWA employees relocated to Atlanta. I had not seen some of them since the 1980s. One very special friend took half of a vacation day off from work and drove 50 miles to see me, which made me feel so very special and humble.

Colette, my youngest daughter and her daughter, Noelle, also went to Atlanta completing our immediate family; as my middle daughter Toni, her daughter and granddaughters also live in Atlanta. It was an awesome celebration. I will add pictures if I can .

No comments: