Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Frailties Of Aging ... Continued

This year has been like no other... In just about every month of this year, I've been in a doctor's office or some facility having some kind of test. Last week, I had a Bone Survey. Yesterday I saw my Hematologist to get the results. He gave me a copy of the results, which didn't tell me, the patient very much. Apparently, it wasn't as revealing as he hoped, because the first week in December I'll have a bone marrow biopsy. Even though the doctor described a bone marrow biopsy... when I got home I went back online to see if I could actually learn something about my condition. I was hoping to find a clue to my condition, but there was too much info to choose from.. What I did learn is that it is NOT a pain free procedure. Now I have an idea of what to expect... and how I may feel during and after it's done. The degree of pain depends on one's tolerance of pain.

In the past I never really thought too much about if, how many and what changes we may need to make as we aged. Now that Sanford has survived 5 cancers, has only one kidney and my strong feeling that my diagnosis may be one that requires us to make changes, I am wondering what it'll be like. Sometimes I think of what I'd do IF...this is probably my way to prepare myself with possible solutions to possible situations. I look at it as preparing for the worse and praying for the best.
I am not a person who worries. I say that if you pray, don't worry!! And if you're going to worry, don't bother to pray!! Worry never changed anything in a positive way... But I know that prayers ARE answered... That's why I ask others to join us in prayer.

You never know who's heart you will touch when you share a piece of your own.

No comments: