Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today's Thoughts...On This, Our 59th Anniversary

As I looked back at the last 59 years, I was surprised at how much I don't remember... No one can say that I'm living in the past. Now I wish that I kept a journal.
Here are some of the more memorable times between 'Then and Now'

1946 - I graduated from BTW High School in Miami FL and moved to New York City.
1948 - Sanford and I switched from 'me to we' when we were married in my mother-in-law's apartment in NYC by her cousin, who was a minister.
1949 - Sandy, our first child was born and died 6 weeks later.
1950 - Pamela, our second child was born.
1953 - Toni, our third child was born.
1953 - We moved into Amsterdan Houses, a NYC housing project
1960 - Colette, our fourth child was born.
1963 - We moved into Inwood Gardens, a NYC Co-Op
1968 - I was hired by Trans World Airlines.
1972 - Bruce, our first grand child was born.
1973 - We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.
1977 - Sherrisse, our second grandchild was born.
1984 - Dorienne, our third grandchild was born.
1985 - I Retired [an early retirement buy-out] from TWA.
1991 - Noelle, our fourth/last grandchild was born.
1994 - We moved to Ft Lauderdale, Florida.
1998 - Jesenia, our first great grandchild was born.
1998 - We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.
1999 - Brandon, our second great grandchild was born.
2002 - Skaria, our third great grandchild was born.
2002 - Brian, our our fourth great grandchild was born.
2005 - We took our first family cruise.

In between 1994 and 2007 we became Cancer Survivors. Many say how lucky we are... but we think of ourselves as Blessed.

Several years ago I started to make a Friendship Quilt/Wall Hanging that will have the pictures of friends who will always have a special place in my heart. And for whatever reason... it sits in a box waiting for me to finish it. When I think about it or about someone who's picture will be there, I promise myself that 'I'm going to work on it in a few days'. I promise you... that I will post a picture of it here when it's finally finished.

6 comments:

Jillian said...

Happy Anniversary!! Truly a remarkable milestone! Congratulations to you both.

Unknown said...

What a timeline. Just think of all the "subevents" that occurred between the major ones!
Never too late to start a journal or to begin writing your memoirs.

Love ya,
P (: The 3rd point on the timeline:)

Anonymous said...

Bun & San




































Bun! Absolutely MARVELOUS! What a wonderful sharing. Thank you. Pamela is right. It is never too late to start a journal. I am sure it will be full of wisdom as well as exciting. To you and San - words cannot adequately express the Congratulations & Blessings I wish to extend to both of you. You are phenominally phenominal! Keep on Keeping on.

Love,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Congratulaltions & Blessings!
You are phenominally phenominal!

Julie said...

Oh, Bunni...how beautiful this piece of writing is. It reminds all of us to be thankful for the people in our lives today.

I've enjoyed tthe times over the years we've shared. Now that I'm out of college and working on my Master's, believe it or not I'll ahve more time to just talk. In fact, it's high time we did talk again so I'm calling you soon.

HUGS,

--Julie

Anonymous said...

Finish the Wall Hanging, that's an Order!
Yo Fren Joe