Saturday, July 21, 2007

EMAILS


I wonder if I'm experiencing Email burnout or what? When I got my first PC 10 years ago, I shared every single email I received thinking that it would not be fair or nice to just delete an email because it didn't express me. Thinking that the sender took the time to send it to me... so I should send it on to my email buddies. I don't feel that way anymore... And I'm glad that I don't feel that way now.
I do get annoyed when I receive emails that: say something bad will happen to me if I don't forward that email; those that tell me to write to my senator/congressman about a matter that they are interested in; those that tell me how to pray and who to pray for and try to put me on a guilt trip if I don't forward their email; their political opinions; those jokes/hoaxes/urban legends that have been circulating for years and years. And last but not least the emails that include the hundreds of email addresses of those who were sent that same email before it was sent to me... It annoys me because some many along the way were to lazy to copy/paste or learn how to copy/paste if they don't know how. When I mentioned this pet peeve to someone .. they said 'Not everyone has time to clean up emails as you do'.. I say if you don't have time... don't bother to share emails.
However, I am sincere when I say 'I love my computer because my friends live there'....even those who say 'I don't have time'.
But remember... you have friends that you feel closer to than others... because you share some of the same idiosyncrasies.


You never know who's heart you will touch
when you share a piece of your own.